White Horses of the Camargue
27th - 30th May, 2021
The White Horses of the Camargue Photography Tour. Famous for its beautiful wild white horses that roam the area, the Camargue is a haven for any lover of the wild. Join experienced equine fine art photographer Jonathan Chritchley in this 3 day photo tour that gives you a thoroughly unique experience – photographing these wild horses running together through the warm waters of the Mediterranean, through the lakes and marshes, and nurturing their foals in fields warmed by the sun. We stay in a lovely hotel with pool and superb restaurant in the middle of the Camargue and close to the historic town of Saintes Maries de la Mer. With this as our base we set out at either end of the day to photograph these beautiful animals, each session involving 5 or 6 ‘gardiens’ or cowboys/cowgirls who will herd the horses as Jonathan directs the shoot to give you the very best possibilities for some amazing photography. Photograph a herd of 15 horses as they charge through the lagoons towards you. Join a single white stallion on a secluded beach at dawn as he stands proudly, gallops along the dunes and in and out of the water. Spend some intimate time with the mares and foals, getting to know these lovely, gentle animals whilst shooting close-ups and portraits. This is not an experience you can buy ‘off the peg’, but rather one especially created for lovers of photography and wildlife, to capture these moments that will stay with you for a lifetime.
- Airport Transfers (Marseille or Montpellier)
- 3 nights' single occupancy accommodation in very good quality hotel
- 5 X 2 hour shoots with the horses
- Travel to and from the south of France
- Other meals and drinks not included above.
- Flight to Marseille or Montpellier, arrive before Before 16.00 on Thursday 27th May 2021 on 27th May, 2021. Depart Marseille or Montpellier, depart after After 16.00 on Sunday 30th May 2021 on 30th May, 2021.
- 15°C to 25°C, sunny, some cloud
- 6.30 / 20.45