White Horses of the Camargue
28th - 31st May, 2020
The White Horses of the Camargue Photography Tour. Famous for its beautiful wild white horses that roam the area, the Camargue is a haven for any lover of the wild. Join experienced equine fine art photographer Jonathan Chritchley in this 3 day photo tour that gives you a thoroughly unique experience – photographing these wild horses running together through the warm waters of the Mediterranean, through the lakes and marshes, and nurturing their foals in fields warmed by the sun. We stay in a lovely hotel with pool and superb restaurant in the middle of the Camargue and close to the historic town of Saintes Maries de la Mer. With this as our base we set out at either end of the day to photograph these beautiful animals, each session involving 5 or 6 ‘gardiens’ or cowboys/cowgirls who will herd the horses as Jonathan directs the shoot to give you the very best possibilities for some amazing photography. Photograph a herd of 15 horses as they charge through the lagoons towards you. Join a single white stallion on a secluded beach at dawn as he stands proudly, gallops along the dunes and in and out of the water. Spend some intimate time with the mares and foals, getting to know these lovely, gentle animals whilst shooting close-ups and portraits. This is not an experience you can buy ‘off the peg’, but rather one especially created for lovers of photography and wildlife, to capture these moments that will stay with you for a lifetime.
- Airport Transfers (from Montpellier)
- 3 nights' single occupancy accommodation in 4 star hotel
- Transport during workshop
- Opening night drinks reception
- Farewell Michelin guide meal
- Travel to and from Montpellier airport France
- Other drinks, meals and activities not mentioned above
- Flight to Montpellier, arrive before Before 15.00 on 28th May, 2020. Depart Montpellier, depart after after 14.00 on 31st May, 2020.
- Low 14°C, high 25°C, sends of up to 15km/hour, dry.
- 6.30 / 20.30