Venice Creative Workshop
14th - 18th January, 2021
VENICE CREATIVE PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP. No city in the world could be as iconic and original as ‘La Serenissima’, the incomparable Venice in Northen Italy. Jonathan Chritchley has been coming to the city for over 30 years, man and boy, and his knowledge of this magnificent group of islands combines with his original, minimalist photographic style is of course of huge benefit to this tour.
Staying in one of the oldest hotels in Venice close to Saint Mark's Square, travelling around Venice and its islands on foot and by water taxi we photograph this fascinating, beautiful city, starting early to avoid the crowds and get the best of the light, returning to the hotel to eat a hearty breakfast. We then set out on a discovery of the real Venice, down the side streets and canals, where a photo opportunity is waiting at every turn. We eat lunch together, perhaps in a sun filled square accompanied by the sound of accordions, then take some free time to wander around the markets, museums and galleries. We then meet later in the afternoon and shoot together some of the famous landmarks - the Grand Canal, the Rialto Bridge, or the church of San Giorgio. Cocktails in the legendary Harrys Bar, then out to one of the city’s fine restaurants. We will also visit one of the other islands - Burano with its breathtaking beauty and multi–coloured fishermen’s houses or the Lido with its long sand beach and lovely old hotels. A trip of a lifetime that you will never forget!
- 4 nights' single occupancy accommodation in very good quality hotel
- Speedboat Taxi to Burano
- Travel to and from Venice
- Other meals and drinks not included above.
- Transfers from the airport to the hotel
- Flight to Venice Marco Polo, arrive before Before 17.00 on Thursday 14th January 2021 on 14th January, 2021. Depart Venice Marco Polo, depart after After 15.00 on Monday 14th January on 18th January, 2021.
- -2°C to 5°C, sunshine with occasional fog and cloudy spells
- 8.00 / 17.00