19th - 26th September, 2020
ICELAND WESTJORDS PHOTOGRAPHY EXPEDITION . If you ask an Icelandic where their most favourite part of Iceland is, they will most likely mention the breathtaking north west penisular of the country known as the Westfjords. Here you can escape the mass tourism of the south coast of the island, and immerse yourself in the isolation and splendour of Icelandic life on the edge of the Arctic circle. This week long tour, led by Iceland veterans and all round good eggs Ted Leeming and Morag Paterson, will incorporate some of the most majestic and diverse scenery in Iceland, from remote black beaches to sweeping cliffs, an abandoned herring factory, old shipwrecks, waterfalls, black churches, wide fjords and mounainous valleys. Ocean Capture have been running tours here since 2010, believing this stunning area to be in many ways the 'true' Iceland. The oldest part of the country, where nature still rules and where you don't have to queue to take a photograph. If you have already been to Iceland but have only visited the tourist spots then you really should experience this special place. If you've never visited the country, then what a way to start! A wonderful photography tour in a really unique environment, with world class photographers and tour leaders in Ted and Morag.
This tour can be booked in conjunction with the Iceland Highlands Tour which runs just before, from the 12-18 September.
- Single occupancy accommodation in good quality hotels
- All transport throughout the tour
- Travel to and from Reykjavik International airport
- Other drinks and activities not mentioned above
- Flight to Keflavik Airport, Reykjavik, arrive before Before 16.00 on Saturday 19th September on 19th September, 2020. Depart Keflavik Airport, Reykjavik, depart after Anytime on Saturday 19th September on 26th September, 2020.
- Between 12°C and 5°C, some cloud, with occasional showers.
- 7.30 / 19.20