14th - 22nd October, 2023
MADAGASCAR PHOTOGRAPHY TOUR. A brand new photo tour to the mystical island of Madagascar led by East African regular and fine art photographer Jonathan Chritchley. Madagascar is the world’s fourth-largest island, another Galápagos, called by some ecologists “the eighth continent.” It broke off from Africa’s eastern coast some 160 million years ago and developed in isolation; 80 percent of Malagasy plants and animals are endemic, and it rivals Brazil in its biodiversity. The bizarre flora and fauna seem to be the result of a mad collaboration between Dr. Seuss, Jim Henson, and God. Humans have been here for only 2,000 years, and though they have eliminated some species, they haven’t dominated nature; there’s simply too much of it and too few of them.
On this exciting photography adventure you will photograph the beaches, the ocean and small fishing boats, the legendary Baobab trees, the locals at work and at play and incredible rock formations. We'll be spending most of our time in the west of the island, hopping between luxury hotels by air, and visiting our locations by 4x4 and boat. Experience the lost world of Madagascar on this exciting new photography experience!
There will also be a 3 day optional 'add-on' at a beach resort too, if a little relaxing on a secuded beach is just what you need!
- Internal Flights
- 8 nights' single occupancy accommodation in very good quality hotels
- All meals and non alcoholic drinks
- Travel to and from Madagascar
- Other meals and drinks not included above.
- Flight to Ivato International Airport, Madagascar , arrive before 17.00 on 14th October, 2023. Depart Ivato International Airport, Madagascar , depart after anytime on 22nd October, 2023.
- Min 22°C Max 30°c, some chance of showers, generally sunny.
- 6.30 / 18.30