1. A non-refundable deposit of the amount stated in each holiday description is required at the time of booking. A completed reservation form is also required to complete the booking.
2. The balance of the tour price is due 8 weeks prior to the departure date. Should this final payment fail to reach us by the date specified, we reserve the right to treat the booking as cancelled and retain the deposit. If a booking is made 8 weeks or less prior to the departure date then the full amount is payable at the time of booking.
3. Any cancellation by the client made in the 8-week period prior to the trip will mean that Ocean Capture retains the total cost of the tour unless the clients place is sold on. If this should happen only the deposit will be retained by Ocean Capture, and the balance refunded to the client.
4. The receipt of a deposit does not imply acceptance of a booking. We will confirm our acceptance of your booking in writing by email, and it is at the time we send out this confirmation that a contract comes into existence between us.
5. Ocean Capture reserves the right to alter or cancel any holiday. Should an alteration or cancellation become necessary, we will notify you and you will then have the choice of accepting the change, taking an alternative holiday (and where this is of a lower price we will refund the difference), or withdrawing from the contract and accepting a refund of all monies paid to Ocean Capture. For the avoidance of doubt, as Ocean Capture is not party to any flight bookings you make yourself and has received no payment for the same, we will not refund the costs of your flight in the event of holiday cancellation. You are referred to clause 15 below.
6. Ocean Capture can accept no responsibility for cancellation of holidays due to Force Majeure. Force majeure is unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, such as war or the threat of war, riots, terrorist activity, civil strife, industrial disputes, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, flood or adverse weather conditions. In the advent of cancellation due to Force Majeure, please refer to clause 15 below.
7. In the event of the specified tutor being unable to attend due to illness or other circumstances beyond our control, another tour leader will be provided. If this is not possible, then the holiday will be cancelled and the provisions of clause 5 will come into effect.
8. We reserve the right to change any of the prices, service or other particulars contained in this at any time before we enter into contract with you. If there is any change, we will notify you before we enter into such contract.
9. If you have special dietary or other requests, you should inform us of these prior to departure. We will advise the relevant supplier of your requirements, but we cannot guarantee that such requests will be met, and will have no liability to you if such requests are not met.
10. Where airport/hotel transfers are included in the cost of the holiday, such transfers are only included when participants travel on the flights specified by us. Participants arriving or departing on different flights will be responsible for their own transfer costs and arrangements. Flight booking is the client’s responsibility and Ocean Capture is not responsible for any expenses, loss or other damage caused to you by the acts or omissions of the carrier. You are referred to clause 16 below.
11. The type of holidays we offer requires flexibility and must allow for alternatives. For this reason the outline itinerary and holiday description must be taken as an indication of what may take place on the holiday, and not as a contractual obligation on the part of the company.
12. Ocean Capture does not accept liability for any loss or additional expense caused by delay or interruption to travel services through weather conditions, civil disturbance, industrial action, strikes, wars, floods or sickness. Such losses or additional expenses are the responsibility of the passenger.
13. Ocean Capture accepts responsibility for acts and /or omissions of its employees (whilst acting in the course of their employment). The Company does not accept responsibility or liability for death, bodily injury or illness caused to the client or any other person included on the booking form, unless arising from the negligent act and/or omission of the Company’s employees (whilst acting in the course of their employment).
14. The client must communicate any perceived failure in the performance of this contract on the spot to the tour leader thus giving the tour leader the opportunity to achieve a satisfactory solution. Should this not be possible, you should make your complaint known to us in writing within 28 days of the completion of the holiday.
15. It is a term of the contract between us that you will obtain the appropriate travel insurance cover before you set out on the holiday (whether abroad or in this country). The insurance must cover the loss, expenses and damages arising from, including but not limited to, the cancellation of the holiday (whether in whole or in part), personal accident and injury, medical and repatriation costs (for overseas holidays), loss of baggage and personal money and belongings and flight cancellations and delays.
16. All clients must be in possession of a valid passport and all visas, permits and certificates, including medical certificates required for the whole of the journey and the client accepts responsibility for obtaining the same. All information and advice given by us on visas, vaccinations, climate, clothing, baggage, special equipment etc is given in good faith.
17. In the unlikely event that we become unable to provide a significant proportion of the services you have booked after you depart, we will make alternative arrangements for you at no extra charge, or if this is impossible, we will provide you with transport back to the point of departure from your holiday destination, and a pro rata refund for the cost of the remainder of your holiday. In addition, if appropriate, we will pay you compensation of an amount which is reasonable taking into account the circumstances, and which is not covered by the terms of your own travel insurance as per clause 15 above.
18. By signing the booking form, you are agreeing to accept all the above conditions. The person who signs the booking form does so on behalf of all the individuals included on it, so that all are bound by the booking conditions.
Ocean Capture - Planning for the worst, expecting the best.